1. When you have to make a reservation for your move? The earlier, the better. Although the actual truck assignment may not be made until a few days before your move, it’s a good idea to give your moving company four to six weeks notice.
2. Who is the best movers-companies reviwers? There are many good movers-companies reviewers. Some of the best for example Topmoversreviews and Yelp.
3. What do I need to do to prepare my appliances for the move? You should make certain that your dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, and dryer are empty. Additionally, movers are not trained electricians or plumbers – you need to arrange for the appropriate professional to disconnect your washer, lighting/chandeliers, and refrigerator from any electric and/or water connection.
4. What do you do with your animals? You want to make sure animals are in their cat/dog carrier prior to the movers arriving. Animals are curious and can get underfoot. If your dog isn’t good around strangers please have them tied up or in their carrier. The moving company cannot transport any live animal no dogs, cats, fish or reptiles are allowed in the truck.
5. Is it true that some things cannot be shipped? Yes, it is true. As well as all Licensed Movers, will not move hazardous or combustible items such as propane tanks, firearms, paint, and aerosols, as the temperature in the truck could cause these items to explode or ignite. Contact us for further information upon such items.
6. Will the driver load all the boxes that I packed? Yes, as long as the driver deems them safe for transport.
7. When is the best time to move? Wednesdays are the best day since less people request it, followed by Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fridays and weekends are usually the busiest days resulting in competition for elevator access, which can cause delays.
8. If your move date changed. What should you do? Contact your move coordinator as soon as you can if your move dates have changed. He/she can process any changes to your plan and discuss updates.
9. Do you provide storage services? Yes, of course. Unity Van Lines understands that sometimes the relocation takes more time than scheduled. For that reason we provide to all our customers storage services for as long as necessary. For more information upon our storages see our section Storage or contact us.
10. Can you ride in the cab of the moving truck with the movers? Unfortunately, professional moving companies can not transport customers in the moving truck for liability reasons. You may wish to arrange a ride with a friend or a cab service on move day.
11. About providing moving discounts. Unity Van Lines may provide additional discounts or have a promotion going on. As a responsible moving and storage company, we also give discounts to senior citizens. In addition, you shouldn’t hesitate to ask about the free boxes that we can get for you.
12. Does our company serve commercial customers? We are experienced in providing service for both residential and commercial clients. So, whether you need an office mover or a team of experts to transport your household possessions, all you need to do is contact us. Keep in mind that we can help you during the weekends if necessary.